Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

The Counting Game

I've started watching what I eat lately.  It's all a numbers game.  I feel like it's very easy to just fudge the numbers.  Too bad you can't fudge the results.  (Ooh, fudge...)

My sister returned to the US today.  I've been on countdown mode for about 2 months now.  It's finally here (and she's safely on US soil, which makes me just that much happier.)  When I told a girl at work today, "My sister is coming back from South Korea," she asked, "Wait, that's the safe one, right?"

Hasebe-san returned to the US today as well.  The World Cup is getting closer.  Can you feel the excitement or is it just me?  I keep watching Youtube for exciting World Cup songs.  Any favorites?

Pretty Boy can walk five or six steps now without falling or giving up and crawling.  He likes it best when food is offered as reward but gets so excited at the prospect of Kix that he prefers crawling to walking to get to the food faster.

Work has inspired me to consider health care and health care costs in entirely new ways.  I'm currently reading T.R. Reid's The Healing of American and enjoying it.  Did you know that, according to a Harvard study, over 700,000 people go bankrupt every year in the US from medical bills?  That number in every developed country in the rest of the world is zero.

I woke up this morning early enough that my roommate asked me if something was wrong and decided to use the  time to look for more jobs.  I've lost count of how many jobs I've applied to.

And, this...
Somehow I always hope my hair will be silky and smooth when I straighten it.  It always ends up coarse and poofy.

1 comment: