Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sports Enthusiast

Spending time with my niece, Gwiyomi lately and it's been a lot of fun.

She has a small vocabulary and all her word sound the same.  I honestly can't tell the difference between "Daddy," "keys," "paci," "Ruby," or "carrots."

Imagine my surprise then watching TV yesterday when our conversation went something like this:

Me: Gwiyomi, what do you want to watch?
Gwiyomi: Football!
Me: Football?! <looking through the TV guide> How about a movie instead.  <I flip to a random station>
G: NO!  Football!
Me: Wow, ok.  <looking through the TV guide> What about baseball?
G: No, football!
Me: <not finding football> Soccer?  Yeah, it's like the same thing.  She won't know the difference. <turn to soccer>
G: No!  Football!
Me: All right.  I get the hint.  <praying to find football on TV>  <switch to a very random game between teams I don't know anything about> Here you go
G: Yay!  Football!

She then proceeded to cuddle up on the couch and watch.  Every so often, she would sit up and raise her hands in the air and yell, "Football!"  just for good measure.

I can't tell the difference between when she's asking for her bear or her dad but she has a very clear pronunciation of "football," "baseball," and "basketball."

I'm pretty excited to see how this one turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment