Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Hi, It's Me

Turns out I still have a blog.

I think my brain is broken.  It saddens me.  But at least it's not a broken heart or a broken soul, or maybe it's all of those.

In any case, it's sometimes quite easy to forget about my broken brain.

I don't remember it when I'm watching the cryoceiling at work get lifted 45 feet into the air.
I don't remember it when the sun is shining and when the deer watch me cautiously as I walk to my car.
I certainly don't remember it when I'm at the library, trying to find an appropriately "intellectual" movie to borrow along with the guilty pleasure Hallmark movie in my hand.

I really only think about it when I'm driving home and thinking back on my day and realizing, "Hey, you, those negative thoughts, those despairing thoughts?  Those aren't the thoughts of a normal brain."

So I try to be kinder.  "It's okay, brain.  You worked really hard today and no one thinks you should quit your job or that you aren't smart enough to handle it."

I pray that the kind words are the true ones.
Gulf of Mexico + Me, Mar 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment