Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some One Loves Me

My English was in ready anticipation for a discussion about the subject of my Valentine's Day thus far.  One student smiled at me, "Have you received any surprises?"  Everyone watched my face, waiting for a good story.

I thought about my busy day and smiled, "By that, you must be referring to a valentine's surprise.  The answer would be no and  I don't anticipate one either.  For that, I would need a valentine."

They all gave me sad little smiles and we moved on.

But...

This afternoon, while working through some computer programs, one of the other PhD students walked into my office with a package for my colleague.  It was not the typical package from something we ordered.

Me: You got a personally addressed package sent to work?
Colleague: It's for both of us actually.
Me: Really?  What is it?
Colleague: H sent us his dissertation
Me: Individual bound copies?  There's one for me?
Colleague: Yes.

BEST.  VALENTINE'S GIFT.  EVER.

I'm such a nerd.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment