Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Misunderstood

<at the job fair>
Rep: Are you a fourth year?
Me: Errr...no, I just finished my PhD.
Rep: Oh!  You look so young!

Rep: Wow, it took you seven and a half years to finish your PhD.  People who take that long are either determined people who never give up or people who know nothing and they end up keeping them around until they have to just graduate them.  Which one are you?
Me: Uhhhhh....the first one?

<in English class>
Friend: People are getting married later these days.  I got married when I was 30.  Your time will come too.
Me: I'm 32.
Friend: What?! I thought you were 26!

<helping with the MTC via Skype>
Sister: Are you married?
Me: No.
Sister: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: No.
Sister: Why not?
Me: <gives version of an explanation>
Sister: Wait, is that a baby I hear?
Me: Umm...I live with my friend.  She has a seven-month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment