Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Non Snow Days

Dear World,

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  Really, truly, on the wrong side of my single-person-pushed-up-against-the-wall-non-bed.  I was angry and ready to deal some blows in response to the blows that you've dealt me.

Until I looked out the window and saw,

SNOW.

And suddenly I was happy and relaxed.  I wouldn't have to go into work and I could take the day to play catch up.

So I pulled out a book and started reading.  Until it hit me...

The snow was scheduled to stop soon.
The roads were mostly clear for everyone.
Charlottesville has definitely gotten more snow savvy in the past few storms.

Business as usual -- But now I was an hour and a half behind schedule.

And despite this frustrating turn of events, I just can't stay mad at you.  And that, dear friend, is the miracle of SNOW.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment