Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Birthday Cake

Dear Self,

I think it's time to finally accept that another birthday has passed. 

Just because you're older than the heroine of your favorite book and you still haven't found your own blue castle doesn't mean that you never will...

Just because you have no idea what you're doing with your life doesn't mean that you never will...

Just because you haven't gotten that degree you've been fighting for doesn't mean that you never will...

I have a feeling that one day you will look back on this part of your life and realize that these days were influential to the rest of your life. 

I hope that you look back and see that they were happy and fulfilling and that your life has turned out better than you ever could have imagined.


I hope you don't look back and think, "Now why didn't I get myself a birthday cake?" 

Here's to you and your 30 years on earth! 

Love,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Today I met a little family from Poland. They are here finishing their Ph.D.s. Actually, he is done, but she is not. They are studying some advanced theoretical physics, can't remember what exactly. My point...I asked her what she wanted to do when she was done, she said she had no idea, that she would just have to see. I think she would relate to you a little, I thought that when I read this. That is how I think it relates. Oh, and p.s. I love all 30 years of you!!!

    ReplyDelete