Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Newest Favorite Technology

We already know that I get a kick out of Google translate.  Granted, it is a great technology that I use on a daily basis in order to keep up with information and people all around the world.  However, sometimes, it is just so off that I just have to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Recently, Youtube unveiled a closed caption Beta application that utiliizes Google voice recognition technology to provide captions for videos.  My friend, J, found this technology while listening to a Tongan football player complete an interview for ByuTV reporters.



Some of my favorite lines:
"North of the necklace with you before you started"
"Clinton's welfare and untrustworthy Canada"
"that's really that first night of export from someone that he can we trust"
"that's really what refrigerators about."
"Latino with you've regarding then begin to know what the photo board member of the form you print"
"And almost entire here by the time you cried"
"Gray tabby background margaret great thanks"

Are you sure this interview is about football?  It hints more towards American foreign policy. (??)

I thought that I'd be playing with this new technology on Youtube more but it turns out I don't actually watch anything in English on Youtube.  The Beta testing for translating Captions though...

No comments:

Post a Comment