Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Sick

For the past five days, I've woken up in the early hours coughing.  I crawl out of bed, go take more medicine, grab a cough drop and then settle down back to sleep.  The nine or ten hours of sleep I'm getting a night aren't helping and I walk around all day, exhausted.  My tongue is swollen from the cough drops.  My lungs hurt, my throat hurts and even my back hurts from my racking cough. 

"This is normal," my friends tell me.  "All my friends who got the flu this year have been this sick for several weeks."

How did they get better?  I plead for answers. 

"Oh, they take the cough medicine I gave you to take." 

It's not working.  Or I'm not working. 

In any case, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

1 comment:

  1. My back hurts too from coughing. And so do my hips? It's weird.

    ReplyDelete