These are the things that made my day sweet:
(1) I actually am starting to sleep normal hours again and I wake up without a cough.
(2) I talked with Noda-san in my lab today and found that while I was in Japan, my reputation preceded me. He kept hearing about me from different sources before he actually ran into me again. As Noda-san put it, "Hearing about an American girl visiting Kakuda Space Center from the University of Virginia suddenly made my world feel very small." I love having someone to talk with about Sendai and Japan. It keeps my world small too.
(3) flumpool. I heart them. And they now have a music video where they sing in Chinese. I'm in love.
(4) SNOW! I loved every minute of it.
(5) I attended a seminar today - yep, despite all the setbacks, I'm still in the right field. Engineering is pretty awesome.
(6) I went to the bookstore and a friend even came to meet me to help me pick out books for another friend. While there, we found a 2013 calendar of the world's most eligible bachelor royalties and we couldn't NOT buy it (for a friend of course) (I promise, not for me) (But yes, I did give it to a good friend who I plan on seeing a lot of this year)
(7) I visited with a few friends who I haven't seen in a while.