Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Chance encounters

Dear Friend,


I wasn't supposed to be where I was when I found you with that map flipped upside down as you tried to make heads or tails of where you were.  The scene was almost just like a movie - you completely lost and possibly a little worried? while unassuming students passed without even giving you a second's glance.  And since where I was supposed to be actually wasn't and what shouldn't have been my own time now was, I was at leisure to stop and give you a smile and my offer of help.  


Of course, it doesn't take much for me to care about a person.  The moment you put down the map, I knew we could have the potential to be great friends.  And that feeling only deepened in our few minute walk as you told me of your plans for your very bright future.  Already accepted into the Japanese bar and in a Japanese law firm, you came to America to get a Masters of Law degree and to become a trainee in a big law firm in NYC for some time before returning home to Tokyo.  When we parted, I was sorry to see you go but wished for your every success.  


Isn't it funny that I never asked your name?  I don't even know if I will ever see you again.  But thank you, for touching my life just a little.  I will never be the same.  


Love,
Me 


No comments:

Post a Comment