Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Lab

My sister came to visit me a few weeks ago.  She was pretty excited to see my lab...until she saw it, "Oh, this...is...your...lab?"  That is, until I opened up a hole in the floor and suddenly she saw my lab for what it is - a wonderful jumble of old equipment mixed with new technology and research uses.  After five years here, I would still not be surprised if I found another door, another room that I had never explored before.  Scope for the imagination, indeed.

Stairwell to my office
My jumble of a lab even though I just cleaned it
As seen from just outside my office
This randomly showed up one day on my office door. 
I have no idea what it means
Your guess is as good as mine
The graveyard of old electronics.  Just stacks and stacks
of old equipment.  I go here to explore when I get frustrated
with my current equipment failures.  
The view outside our machine shop
I'm pretty sure we have the first generation candy
vending machine.
A lever lifts up and slides the candy out.  I love it.  
Outside a room that doesn't have a laser in it anymore... I think
The microphone for our intercom
system.  Isn't it fabulously old school?

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention how flammable all of this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only flammable if it's on fire. :)

    ReplyDelete