Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Situational Asides

Dear Voice,

You packed and left without giving me a chance to say goodbye.
Or even to beg you to stay.
Or to hold out for a little longer.

 I don't mind the new tenor voice that came to take your place too much.

But it is a little frustrating that I can't talk well.
The coughing is not ideal either.

I know that you will return and when you do, I will have forgotten what all of this weirdness feels like. But right now, it feels like I will never sing again.  And that breaks my heart.

Please return, and quickly.

And more quickly.

Love,
Me


Dear Laser,

Please, please, please, please let me find flashpoint today.

Relegation is in a week.  Hasebe's team is out of danger.  I'm still lingering on the brink.

I won't give up.  But it would be nice to get something right, for once.

Love,
Me


Dear Life,

I know that research is very important.  It's my greatest priority right now.

So, how is it that the moments when I think life is sweetest are when I forget that I am a rocket scientist at all?

I can't believe how "eternal" it felt plugging away at a book in Japanese while my sister read a book next to me on our random non-beds in my room.  You could have continued on just as you were and I would have been content.

Just waiting for that moment in my work...

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment