Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

At Year's End

The last day of the year is here.  Tomorrow I pull off the Makoto Hasebe calendar off my wall.  

Despite the fact that it rarely if ever functioned as a calendar, it brought me a year supply of smiles.  Every time I looked at that "calendar" on my wall, I had to chuckle at the hilarity of a calendar that doesn't do much, at my impulsiveness to buy such a thing in the first place, at the fact that I still kept it on my wall.  

This year has kind of been that way.  I've made a lot of mistakes.  I've been foolish and impulsive.  Sometimes, I feel like I've done little to serve in the capacities to which I've been called.  However, I've learned from my mistakes and laughed a lot at myself in the process.  I've continued to do my best with what I've been given.  I've never given up.  

Thank you 2011.  

And I never thought I'd say it, but I think I'll miss having a non-functioning calendar on my wall.  

On to 2012.  


No comments:

Post a Comment