Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Asleep on the Job

Dear Youtube,

At first I was confused when my watching a Makoto Hasebe commercial for en-japan prompted you to recommend a Taylor Swift music video.  Was there a connection between Taylor and Hasebe that I was missing?  Did Makoto Hasebe secretly listen to Taylor Swift?  Did Taylor Swift like Japan?  But then I noticed the rest of the page was recommendations of Taylor Swift from videos that had no connection to each other or to Taylor Swift.  

Also, why do you feel the need to recommend videos that I've already watched? 

It makes me feel like you don't pay attention to my watch history at all.  (Frankly, I'm ok with that.)     

Love,
Me


Dear Bayern,

The only time I cheer for you is when you play Europe.  During, yesterday's game, I was on pins and needles hoping for great plays from Mandzukic and great saves from Neuer.  Then, sometime, much later, I remembered I never watched the matchcast to the end of the game.  I had jumped up to check on my laser sheet and then on the laser chiller and the nitrogen outside and my iodine levels.  I completely forgot about you.  

Sorry about that - it seems my priorities are exactly where they should be.  Welcome to the Elite Eight in the ECL.  

Love,
Me


Dear Mr. Bear's owner,

You are amazing.  Thank you for teaching me about what it means to be friendly and kind.  Good luck on your PhD.  And good luck to your Indiana Jones husband.  

Love,
Me


Dear Charlottesville,

You may send snow my way next week.  But I'm not convinced it's still winter.  Everything is on the verge of bursting into life.  I am so excited.

Love,
Me


No comments:

Post a Comment