Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Talk of the Town

There is a sign on McCormick Road that reads: BRIDGE CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC

This is what that bridge looks like:
Yep, there's not a bridge.

It was taken down this week and my friends and I all just marvel at it.  In my seven years in Cville, I've gone over that bridge literally thousands of times.  And now it's just gone.

It's funny how much construction goes on all the time here.  My friend and I tried to think of getting anywhere in town that didn't run into a construction area and we couldn't - at least not anywhere that we would normally think to get to.  So, you'd think we'd all be used to it and not even bat an eyelash at a bridge disappearing.  But we do - in this case, mostly because we're hoping our instincts don't try to lead us across a road that no longer exists.


No comments:

Post a Comment