Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dreaming of Freedom

Yesterday was a gorgeous day.  Like a beautiful I-just-want-to-sit-down-and-watch-the-white-clouds-roll-on-past-the-bright-blue-sky-kind-of-day.

So, I indulged myself just a little at what I have decided is one of my new favorite spots at UVa.  It is a good imitation of the columns that originally inspired Jefferson's architectural style and it's simple and understated in  atypical UVa fashion, which just lends to its charm.

It was on the way from English class to the depths of the Alderman library where I would spend my afternoon.  Although men were painting the columns, construction and repair work doesn't even faze me and I walked right past their buckets and drop cloths and settled down into a seat where I watched a man mow the field below in perfect straight lines and let myself just be, without thinking about the things I needed to do or the things I needed to think.




 Thanks, world. I really needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment