Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Welcome Diversion

On Wednesday, I convinced a good friend I hadn't seen in weeks to accompany me to Orange to drop off some parts for my pump.  We soon realized that our driving directions were taking us through an absolutely beautiful part of Virginia.

On the way back, inspired by the adventure of the drive, I pulled off the road and stopped at the Exchange Hotel and Civil War Hospital Museum to check it out.  We definitely enjoyed it although the lady telling us about paranormal activity before we went in more than freaked us out.  Even though it was day time, I think I stayed a little closer than is considered normal to my friend every time we entered a new room.

But the experience was definitely worth the $5 it cost for the self-guided tour.  It was definitely very Confederate in it's approach and presentation (which was fine by me) but let me just say, that Confederate or Yankee, I'm so glad I didn't live in the days of Civil War health care.  Did you know that only 5% of the doctors had only seen or performed surgeries on gun shot wounds before working on injuries in the Civil War?


For lunch, my friend and I stopped by Tastee Freez and then by Kohr brothers for frozen custard.

Overall, it was a wonderful afternoon and my friend and I parted feeling that we had created some wonderful memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment