Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jet Lag

Dear Eiji,

I am intrigued.  I mean, let's face it: a million things can go wrong in an airport and cause you to miss your flight.  But for some reason, we never expect those million things to go wrong for household names like your own.

So, I'm sure everyone in the airport was slightly shocked when they heard the following over the intercom: "Eiji Kawashima, please get to gate 31 as soon as you can."  (In fact, it shocked some fans so much they all quickly posted it on their twitters)

But I think what makes me chuckle more is the story in comparison to my sister's recent first class experience on an airplane with her seat partner who heckled passengers on their way to their seats because, "No one ever waited for me."

Coincidentally, my friend this week also told me a story about how he was walking onto an airplane one time and thought someone looked just like Nolan Ryan.  And then he turned to say something to his mother behind him and accidentally clocked the look-a-like with his backpack full of schoolbooks.  He found out later that it really was Nolan Ryan.

Here's to hoping that you didn't miss your flight.

And that you weren't heckled.

And that some little kid didn't hit you with his backpack on the way to his seat.

Love,
Me

1 comment: