Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Ripple Effect

Area of a circle = pi * (diameter/2)^2

This means, the wider the circle, the larger area that it encompasses.  Yes, I realize this is a basic concept.  But think about it this way: a 25% increase in diameter results in a 56% increase in area and a 50% increase in diameter results in 125% increase in area.  Widening the circle just a little encompasses so much more.

When I was a child, my world was small.  It barely extended beyond my yard and didn't include much more than my immediate family.  But to me it was big and full and exciting.

Now here I am, only a few years later.  My horizons have expanded.  Now there are many people, even many that I have not met that I am concerned about and care for.  My world is still big and full and exciting.

Just like the ripples continue to expand ever outward, it seems the longer I live, the more people I will learn to love and care for.

日本がんばって!

1 comment:

  1. Good work. You're using your nerdiness to make cool posts.

    ReplyDelete