Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

With a Heart for Any Fate

Someone once told me that my blog always consists of me thinking about things rather than doing things.  So today, I will attempt to ameliorate that by giving you a glimpse at my weekend.

On Friday:
I picked up my car from the mechanics.
I bought groceries for dinner and made: eggplant, pork, spinach, and rice. 
The weather was so nice, Ashley and I took our coffee table outside onto our porch and pulled out some cushions and ate Japanese style.
I watched part of Bend It Like Beckham while looking up important things on Wikipedia such as: David Beckham, Women's Soccer Association, Yuki Abe, Urawa Reds, and MLS.
Lindsey came over and we went on a late night run where we talked about men who confuse us, our plans for the next day.  Lindsey pushed me into a bush and laughed about it while I sputtered in shock. 

On Saturday:
I woke up at 4 am, showered and got ready to go the temple.
At 5:20, we left for the temple. 
At 6:30, my car started exhibiting the exact same problems it had before I took it to the mechanic's.  I proceeded to get frustrated at my car in Chinese.  Lindsey tried to help by muttering in French.  Our friend who was asleep in the back seat didn't notice a thing.
At 7:30 we arrived at the temple and had a nice time there.
At 11 we left DC to go to Fredericksburg.  Three hours later, we finally made it to Fredericksburg.  I was tempted to ask everyone on the road where they were going since we were apparently all going the same direction. 
In Fredericksburg, I decided that Kato was not going to make it to Cville so we called around to find a mechanic, went to the one we were directed to only to find it was closed, as were most of the mechanics in Fredericksburg.  We stopped by a Jiffy Lube to ask for help and met some very nice individuals who sympathized with our situation and ran a free diagnostic on my car. 
We decided to try to go back to Charlottesville anyway.
At 6:00 we made it back to Cville, dropped the car back off at the mechanic's.
Walked in on the last part of a wedding reception and talked with some friends while assisting with minimal cleanup. 
Played piano for a friend's baptism.
Made the fastest shopping trip ever at the Oriental Market buying bulgogi sauce, 20 lb rice, strawberry mochi, and gochujang.
Went normal shopping at Kroger.
Realized I bought the wrong thing and went back to the grocery store.
Ashley and I convinced Jason to watch The Road Home with us.  We laughed at the fun parts and despite our teasing, I still managed to cry at the end. 

On Sunday:
I got up to write a talk. 
Couldn't write or even think of anything important about my life more recent than 7 years ago.
Sliced up the meat for bulgogi and made an ice cream cake.
Got ready and attended church were I: conducted an acapella number for church meeting, gave a talk on love, cried for 40 minutes in an empty classroom after it was done, went to the last meeting where I discovered that people actually got something out of my horrible rambling.
Went home and made dinner for Ashley's birthday dinner: bulgogi, eggplant, napa cabbage, miso soup, and rice.
Ate dinner with friends I have not spent time with in a LONG while.  We shared stories and laughed a lot.
Ate the ice cream cake.
Did the dishes.
Went on a walk.
Came back and invited more people over to help us finish the ice cream cake.
Did more dishes.
Watched a tribute clip for a friend.
Sent a text message to our friend to let him know we were thinking about him.
Returned home and worked on some Chinese translation. 

Let us be up and doing with a heart for any fate.
Check and check. 

2 comments:

  1. holy cow. why does this post not surprise me? did you take any time to take care of yourself? (i love you)

    ReplyDelete