Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sleep Deprived

Dear Subconscious,

What happened last night?  I needed a good solid night's sleep, one that preferably would give me the energy and strength to go face my lab again.

Instead, who should appear but Steve Young, ready and eager to give tips to Makoto Hasebe about life after retiring from professional sports.  I spent the entire night (1) wondering why they were in my dreams (2) why they were using my dreams to discuss such a personally non-important issue and (3) following those two around in hopes of asking them why they were using my dreams to talk about such a topic.  But did I ever get to ask?  NO!  Because they flatly ignored my existence, as though I was invisible.  I played a minor, non-important character in my own dream!  

I woke up an hour before my alarm went off, not because I was refreshed and ready to face the world again, but because I was tired of trailing after them.   

Now I have to go and tackle research?

"You done me wrong", subconscious.  And I don't even have the time to give you a chance to redeem yourself.

Love,
Me

2 comments:

  1. This is sad. Oh so sad. What a boring dream with two awesome people in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it make it more interesting that Steve Young's brilliant advice included singing lessons?

    ReplyDelete