Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Moving Woes

Dear Kagawa-san,

Well, kid, you did it.  You got yourself a spot in the English Premier League.  I know that you know a tough road still lies in front of you.  But I know you have the ability and discipline to make a name for yourself at Manchester.  Onward and upward.

Love,
Me
Source


Dear Mario,

WHAT?!  You're moving to ...FCB?  Really?  I know you're sad about not making it past the group stage at the Euro-cup but to run off and sign with Bayern is a little drastic, don't you think?  Sure, they're a good team who will actually be playing in the Champions League.  Sure they actually have a real fighting chance for Das Deutschermeister Titel...but...but.. it's Bayern!  You know, the team that everyone I know loves without any real grounds for doing so.  Why then are you giving me a reason to take an interest in their goings on?  I might end up liking them against my wishes.  Signing you was a significant move in that direction.

Love,
Me
Source

Dear Hasebe-san,

When I first saw the rumors on Sponichi that you were in talks about moving back to Urawa, I was furious.  Then I settled down and reasoned that there are other priorities that can come before your career - you know, like family.  Turns out, there was nothing to the rumors.  However, now that I've convinced myself that you being back in Japan was a good thing, I'm not sure what to think.  Just as long as you're happy.  That's all I ask.  


Love,
Me


Dear Charlottesville,


These Tuesday morning hikes have reminded me that out of all the ups and downs of my graduate school experience, you have always been an up.  Thanks for being you.  I'm going to miss you.

Love,
Me


Dear Japan,

I'm coming!  At this point, it still feels like one big joke - as though any second I'm going to wake up and realize it was all just an elaborate dream.  But each day brings you closer and I'm realizing I have no idea what to expect.  Here's hoping for good things.

Love,
Me


Dear Self,

One last week in a young single adult ward.  From here on out, it's normal wards.  With married people.  And kids.  And babies.  And lots and lots of adjustment.  You never thought you'd make it to this point unmarried, did you?  Then again, you never thought you'd get a PhD.  Or go to Japan.  Or buy a really frivolous pair of high heels that make you feel like Valancy.  I think life just works like that - it doesn't run according to our expectations.  But don't give up - the Gospel is true and God is aware of you and your circumstances.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment