Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Skewed Perspective

Last night my roommate came home with a huge smile on her face and a picture in her hand of her brand-new baby niece.  And what a darling baby it was.

Thinking about my own dear niece and the trips I have made in the past six months to see her, I asked my roommate casually, "So, I guess we won't be seeing as much of you."

My roommate just stared at me.

I continued, "I mean, because you'll want to go see your niece so much and all."

She spoke up this time, "You're the one that we never see."

Me: "Really?  I just assumed that we all run on different schedules and so we just miss each other."

Roommate: "I was home pretty much all last week and I never saw you."

Is it true?  I am really busy and gone all the time?

I wonder what else I'm missing because I see things through my lens and not through others'.

No comments:

Post a Comment