Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Half thoughts

Dear Makoto,

I'm not sure why my first conscious thought these past few days always includes you.  On Sunday morning it was, "I need to go vote for Makoto to win MVP from Singapore"* and this morning it was, "Makoto can't waste away his best playing days sitting the bench."

I blame your poster/calendar.

Love,
Me
* I can't claim that it was a coherent thought even if it was a conscious one

Dear Steve McClaren,

Sure, I was upset that you didn't put Mako-chan in the game on Saturday.  And I bemoaned your decision-making all weekend.  But I never expected you to get sacked.

I'm wishing I never thought anything even close to negative about you.  Good luck.

Love,
Me


Dear Kato,

You know I love you right?  Turning on your check engine light only a week after getting you out of the shop is a little much.  But three months in a row???

In this relationship, why do you get to be the one who is "high maintenance"?

Love,
Me


Dear Lab,

Let's pretend that you love me.  And that you really want to work.  And give me good results.  So that I can stop getting angry in Chinese and cease throwing ice on the nice trees outside.

Think of it as an early birthday present.

Love,
Me


Dear Sub-conscious,

Sleeping these past few days has been exhausting.  Could we try a plot line that doesn't involve me getting chased and hunted down?

At this point, I might even accept folding socks.

Love,
Me


Dear Life,

Since all of my career plans from the past 29 1/2 years have failed to come to fruition, I am now opening the floor to suggestions.

Accepting: open doors or windows of opportunity.

Love,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah your sock folding dreams! I forgot about those.
    I'm glad you have that giant Makoto poster/calendar. Maybe he's your first thought because he's the evil guy in your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to comment, I just want to tell you I like it :)

    ReplyDelete