Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sobering Thoughts

Why is it that I can care for someone I've only just met?  And even if I never see them again, they will always occupy a place in my heart and in my thoughts.  

I simultaneously feel both trapped in my situation and free to do anything I feel.  But in both extremes, I fear what that means for my future.  

If I had the time and money, I would take a long trip and visit every person who has ever affected my life and sit with them and have a real heart-to-heart conversation.  As it is, I struggle to even keep up with a handful.  And I kick myself for not doing more.

My dear friends, I love you.  I miss you.  I think about you often and wish that somehow I could be the friend that I feel I should be.

Instead, I wonder if I truly understand what it means to love.  


2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know you are one of the best friends ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you understand how to love better than anyone else i know.

    ReplyDelete