Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

People, Places and Things

People:

Dear Makoto: Congrats on the win.  But why the need to be the one who retrieves the soccer ball from the net after a goal?  (P.S. When you do so, you run like a little boy.  It's hilarious/adorable)

Dear Matt: It was nice meeting you in Kroger the other day.  Who knew that a BYU sweatshirt would bring about such a conversation?  Best luck to you in the JAG School.  Despite your confusing upbringing, I promise BYU really is the team to cheer for.  :)

Dear English Class: Thanks to you I spent last work trying harder to be a better cook and also to really analyze how I live my life.  You're right - I've neglected a lot of the traditions of my parents and grandparents.  I will do better.

Dear Chinese couple: It feels like a small world when I see you at two different stores in my series of errands, almost as though the next time we meet we will do more than nod and smile.  Perhaps even a 'hello'.


Places:

Dear DC:  We meet so often that I sometimes forget how much you have to offer.  Thanks for always surprising me.  

Dear Taipei: I found a map of you the other day in my car.  What it was doing there, I have no idea.  But it was nice to pretend for even a split second that I would need to know how to get from YongHe to Beitou.


Things:

Dear Kato 'Makoto-son': I'm giving you a yellow card.  And I'm letting you sit the bench.  One of us likes spending my money and it's not me.

Dear Jackhammers: At 7:30 twice?  Really? My high school Spanish teacher once taught me- the way to call someone a jerk in Spanish is to call them a jackhammer.  I'm starting to agree with her.

Dear Spring: The warmer air, the rain and the sound of birds in the trees all make me anxious for your return.  Either come quickly or stop tempting me.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment