Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

My BBoys

That is, Bundesliga Boys and not those kids who break dance.  (Although break dancing is pretty amazing too)

Dear Kagawa-san,

Deutscher Meister 2011 and 2012?  The new record holder for most goals for a Japanese player in the Bundesliga?  When you broke your foot last year, I was hoping you would make a big comeback.  But I never expected this.  Not only that, but you and your team look like you're all having so much, I'm half tempted to risk to incite Gelsenkirchen's wrath and start liking BVB <gasp> in addition to Schalke 04.  Almost.  

Love,
Me


Dear Hosogai-san,

Your team is doing so well right now, I couldn't be prouder, even if it did mean putting mein wölfe to shame in their own stadium.  But wow, kid, your spikes aren't just brilliant, they sparkle!  Blinding your opponents - is this your new tactic?  

Love,
Me


Dear Koo-ssi, 

I always knew you had it in you!  When I read last week that you were one of the players in the Bundesliga who is coming into their own and making a huge difference, I started cheering.  It seems you really have found your place in Augsburg and contributing to ensure they stay top flight.  I'm looking forward to more great things.  

Love,
Me


Dear Uchida-san,

Turns out, you didn't lose your job and you've contributed to your team's success this season.  After all is said and done, I guess not much changes.  Your fangirls are still fangirling.  Your friends all still tease you and post pictures of you on their blogs to increase their own readership.  Your team still wonders if you were a male model before you came to Germany.  You still crack me up with your sound bytes.  And your hair remains, as ever, both perfectly messy and perfectly coiffed.  Looking forward to many more seasons with you.

Love,
Me


Dear Okazaki-san,

Has anyone told you how very young you look with your hair cut?  I looked at you and thought, "Wow, he looks like he's about 25."  Funny, since you really are (or 26 now).  Glad to have you back from injury and pleasantly surprised that Stuttgart is in a solid 4th place.  Where did that come from?  

Love,
Me


Dear Usami-san,

You started midfielder for Bayern!  I've been waiting for this all season.  I hope to see much more of you in the future.  

Love,
Me 


Dear Sakai-san,

I've been enjoying watching you make a place in your team at Stuttgart.  Can't wait to see what else is in your future and here's hoping we see you on the National Team soon.

Love,
Me


Dear Vfl Wolfsburg,

A year ago, this time, we were both concerned about relegation.  Now, we're both solidly somewhere in the middle but still setting our sights for more.  Euro League?  As we've both learned, in the struggle and even in the failure, we learn something valuable about ourselves.  Hope rises up above it all.  I'm cheering for you.

Love,
Me


Dear Hasebe-san,

Good things await.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment