Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

I Don't Think That Means What You Think It Means

Me: I'm going to DC tomorrow to hang out with my Japanese professors and Fujita-san and Makino-san at the Air and Space Museum.
J-Money: Hahahaha!  That is so quaint!
Me and Annie: Quaint?!
J-Money: Yes!  It's just so perfect.
Annie:  I don't think that means what you think it means.
J-Money: Really?  Quaint?
Me: That's like a farmhouse in the country. <looking it up on my phone> Quaint: Attractively unusual or old-fashioned.
J-Money: Scroll down, to the other definitions.
Me: Picturesque, charming, sweet, attractive, old-fashioned, old-world or cunning.  J-Money, you think I'm sweet and attractive?
J-Money: I was thinking more along the lines of 'charming'. If someone were to ask me where you were and I had no idea and I were to make it up, I would say, "Oh, she's at the Air and Space Museum with some Japanese person."
Me: Charming?  Sure, I'll take it.
Annie: I think you meant 'idyllic.'  Erin is living out her ideals.

In any case - this.is.happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment