Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Writing My Story

I've made my resolution.  I'm going to write my story.  And by write it, I mean live it.  I'm still working out the details...

Yesterday, my friend and I invented our own dinner.  We didn't want to go to the store so we started pulling random ingredients together and baked them together in the oven.  We kept her husband away from the oven and giggled to ourselves over our experiment, wondering if we would have to go to the grocery store and buy one of those already cooked rotisserie chickens and pretend it was something we'd conjured up (on a rotating spit no less).  Turns out dinner tasted delicious and between the three of us, we almost ate the entire pan.  Success!

Today, I've been working on going through my stuff.  I have a new policy - throw away half of my stuff.  I don't quite have the heart to throw away all of my stuff.  I keep hoping that my letters from high school and my journals and photographs will mean something to someone one day.  But in the meantime, I have to figure out how to live with owning "stuff".  One friend suggested I turn it all over to the Library of Congress so that in a few hundred years, I'll be famous!

In a car ride today, traveling 70 mph down the highway, a rock flew out of a dump truck ahead of us and hit the passenger side of the car where I was sitting and left an indent and small cracks radiating from the indent.  While my friend bemoaned her now cracked windshield, I marveled at the science of windshields.  I'm grateful for engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment