Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dense

Dear Samurai Blue,

Since I don't speak/read/understand Japanese, it's very easy for me to blissfully run through life, thinking that all is okay in the Japanese soccer world.
A normal day of practice
Source: samuraiblue.jp via Tumblr

"This is my favorite time of year," I thought.  "Now I can really truly catch up on my favorite soccer team."  What with pictures and articles posted every day on the samuraiblue.jp website, it was easy to be in the know.

Except I have that wonderful talent of missing out on extremely important details...

Such, I don't know...the fact that KEISUKE HONDA HURT HIS RIGHT KNEE, HAD TO WITHDRAW FROM THE TOURNAMENT AND FLEW BACK TO FRANCE... all while I happily noted how great the team looked.
右ひざ故障離脱の本田…未明に緊急渡欧
At Narita Airport Aug 31
Source: nikkansports.com

Or...KENGO NAKAMURA BROKE HIS RIGHT BIG TOE... while I daily cheered that he was back on the team.

Then of course there's the fact that MIKE HAVENAAR WAS CALLED UP TO PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT...while I wondered why there was a picture of him showing up in the Samurai Blue searches.
ハーフナー合流ぶっつけ本番!
Practice Sep 1
Source: nikkansports.com

So while I've been assuming it's been a good uneventful week of practice for tomorrow's game against Korea DPR, it turns out it's been one long roller coaster ride of getting a team ready.
Sep 1 Press Conference
Source: Tumblr

I'm sorry I didn't get the blantant hint before.  It doesn't mean I don't love you.  I was once asked out on a date and didn't realize it was a date until 4 years after the fact.  Does that make you feel any better?

Good luck tomorrow.  I will be cheering for you.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment