Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Deadlines

Dear 昨天的我,

Last night in my dreams, I started having thoughts about all those ridiculous things I probably missed on the NSF proposal.  I refused to listen to my doubts though and ended up waking myself up.  You worked hard.  You met a deadline.  You learned what you can achieve in a short time.  But you also learned how your friends do stand by you and hail you with warm hearts and friendly hands (Doctrine and Covenants 121: 9)  "God sent a miracle - the miracle of a friend."  Thank you for teaching me that lesson.

Love,
Me


Dear 現在的我,

It's crunch time.  Work your hardest every day.  Don't rest on your laurels from yesterday's success.  But don't spend your time panicking about the "What if"s either.  加油!頑張ろう! Fighting!  Trust that the preparation and the lessons of yesterday will help you today and carry you on to tomorrow.

Love,
Me


Dear 明天的我,

I'm coming!  Please patiently wait for me.  Part of me wants to rush to you in anxious anticipation.  But I need to learn to love the present and not just endlessly run towards an endless future.  I'm not perfect but I need to remember that neither are you.  And that is ok.

Love,
Me


No comments:

Post a Comment