Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Random Camera

(1) Last week, my friend and I went to THE LAWN to watch kids Trick or Treat.  It was so much fun watching thousands of people gather for the fun, admiring each other's get ups.   

I saw plenty of adorable kids.  But these are the only pictures I took - of the miniature pot-bellied pigs feasting on the Lawn.  The pigs were a hit with everyone, who kindly ignored everyone and everything except for the luscious green grass in front of them.  Good time was enjoyed by all.  


(2) Recently, I learned that I've been mispronouncing Nakamura.  Same pattern as Okazaki.  Instead of NAH-kah-mur-a, it should be said nah-KAH-mur-a which sounds more like nah-Camera.  

(3) This is what Hasebe's calendar looks like for November/December (picture on the right).  Do you know how odd it is to see that on my wall every day?  Best part is, the calendar is so situated that he's perpetually looking at my art prints on the adjoining wall (as shown below).  
Le Premier Chagrin (The First Grief) by Daniel Ridgeway Knight, from the BYU Museum of Art.  Hasebe looks either confused or saddened by the scene, I still haven't decided which.  Maybe it's a little of both.  

No comments:

Post a Comment