Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life Throws me Through a Loop

Dear Daren,

Am I gullible or what?  "Hey, Erin, I need you to walk in that room."  Why was I so willing, so blindly willing to follow your suggestion?  The moment I walked in, I was met with three men who looked at me expectantly, "Are you our violinist?"  Ummm... It's a good thing I need an excuse to pick up playing again.

Love,
Me


Dear VfL Wolfsburg,

You now allow me to vote for man of the match?  You do realize that I can only watch matchcasts and listen to the radio broadcast in a language I don't understand, right?  And thus it's a rare day when I know who actually had a stellar day.  I'm afraid that all too quickly this could turn into the poll ESPN attempted last year regarding favorite World Cup song --  Super Junior won by a landslide thanks to adoring fangirls (seriously, how is 90+% even a fair poll?).

Love,
Me

P.S. How did Hosogai Hajime from the opposite team end up in every single picture from the game?  I know he's awesome, but really?


Dear Life,

We all know dances make me nervous, especially those slow songs when no one asks me to dance.  For perhaps the first time in my life, I had the courage to ask that handsome man to dance and found out that he spoke Chinese.  My efforts seemed to be further rewarded by him asking for my phone number and introducing me to his other Chinese-speaking friend.  When I got a text that night from him that night I was elated.  My friends and I rejoiced in my courage and my good fortune...except that text message was not from him after all but the new neighbor in my apartment complex.  Figures.  It was too perfect to be real.  Thanks for the fantasy anyway.

Love,
Me


Dear Self,

You didn't go to your sister's for Thanksgiving so you could work on your paper.  You also hoped that you could get your sleep and not get sick from your niece AGAIN.  Except you still can't sleep and now you're sick.  How is that fair?

Love,
Me


Dear Kato,

You're looking ragged these days.  People tell me I look the same.  We make quite the pair, don't we?  Let's survive graduate school, ok?  You're still 'mein liebling auto'.

Love,
Me


Dear 中文,

Did you know that the other day, at 2 am, I realized that I spoke Mandarin?  I know, it shouldn't be a new revelation but it was.  There is nothing in my life that says I should speak this very foreign language - it has been 7.5 years since the mission, I don't take lessons and I don't have many people to speak with even for the most basic of greetings and phrases.  And yet, there I was, completely exhausted, looking for a book on my bookshelf and muttering about it in Mandarin.  I love that you're still in my life.  I hope that you always will be.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment