Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hazel Eyes

Music that changed my life:

The entire original cast soundtrack of the musical The Secret Garden.

I won't bore you with all the details.  Suffice it to say this music not only made up most of my dreams and visions of a career on Broadway but has also prominently played a role in every attempt I've made to get into theater and musicals.

Driving home today, listening to it and singing along, it occurred to me that I would be old enough to play Lily who was always one of my favorite characters by virtue of the amazing songs she sing.  (My absolute favorite role is Master Craven but I couldn't really play him)

It's kind of amazing how far my life has strayed from my childhood fantasies.

Funny thing is, I still haven't quite given up on the Secret Garden.  One day, one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment